Before starting the SEO checklist, let’s start with what SEO is. SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimisation”. It is the practice of optimising a website to improve its ranking in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). When a website ranks higher in the SERPs, it is more likely to receive traffic from users searching for its products or services. Many factors can impact a website’s ranking in the SERPs. These include the quality and relevance of the website’s content, the presence of keywords in the website’s meta tags and content, the website’s loading speed, and the presence of high-quality backlinks from other websites. Businesses and individuals can increase their visibility and attract more qualified website traffic by optimising a website for search engines. As a result, it can lead to increased sales, leads, and revenue.
A website or web page is optimised for SEO to improve its visibility and position in search engine results pages (SERPs) for pertinent keywords or phrases. Through improved search engine results, SEO aims to increase organic website traffic. It is accomplished via various strategies, including keyword analysis and research, content production, link building, and technical website improvements, including increasing website performance and mobile friendliness. The objective is to satisfy search engine requirements while delivering a great user experience. These factors include the website’s content’s relevancy and quality, the use of keywords in the website’s meta tags and body copy, the speed at which the website loads, and the availability of high-quality backlinks from other websites. You can check out our SEO monthly packages.
The three kinds of SEO are as below:
- On-page SEO (Internal) – Anything on your web pages – Blogs, products, pages.
- Off-page SEO (External) – Anything which happens away from your website that helps with your SEO Strategy- Guestpost, Backlinks etc
- Technical SEO – Anything technical undertaken to improve Search Rankings – site indexing to help bot crawling.
Your one-stop SEO checklist – Details Checklist
A variety of variables may impact a website’s SEO. This means many factors can affect the SEO of a website. Here is a list of items to consider as part of an SEO checklist
When you create a page, please wait to write the title without keyword research. First, could you research which keywords have a high search volume and people are searching on the internet? Then, you identify your target audience’s keywords to find products or services like yours. What are the best website or tools for keyword research? It’s a Google search, so check on the page’s Google search area and button where Google automatically suggests relevant keywords. Ubersuggest Extension is another free which you can add to your browser. If you have money and want more accuracy, go for Semrush and SEO Power Suites.
- Identify your competitors
- Find your main valuable Keywords
- Much better if you know long-tail keywords variations
- Create keywords Map
- Analyse the intent of pages that rank
- Identify questions that are being asked
- You should see the difficulty of ranking for your target keywords.
- Use Morden platforms such as WordPress or Applications such as Laravel and a website responsive to every device, such as mobile-friendly. Please ensure your website is mobile-friendly since more people access the internet via mobile devices.
- Set up GSC, Google Analytics & Bing
- Install & and configure SEO Plugin (WordPress)
- Generate & Submit a Sitemap
- Create a Robots.txt file
- Check the Search Console for manual actions
- Make sure your website is indexed
On-Page (Internal) SEO
- Do keywords research for page title or Find the valuable or profitable Keywords
- Optimise Title and Permalink (website link)
- Make sure there is only one H1 tag on a page.
- Keep h2, h3, h4 tag as necessary
- Implement local and long trail keywords for quick ranking such as near me and city name
- Make sure the content is fresh/organic and at least 600 words
- Check the SEO title, focus keyword, and meta description tag and fix if missing and duplicate
- Make sure you are not using stop words in the title
- Much better if you keep wow or positive words & Numbers such as 2023 or Number 1 in the title
- Update or make up-to-date title & meta tags
- Content must be organic and relevant ( Google love your unique article. If you cannot write, use AI, such as ChatGPT or Word Tune & give your input to make it final. Create high-quality, helpful content that uses your target keywords and satisfies the needs of your audience.
- Keep Focus words or Keywords in content as necessary
- But dont Stuffing Keywords
- Regularly do a content audit and make the content up to date
- Content Relevant image with rationale, like (16:1 1200 X 675), and Alt tag similar to focus word.
- Relevant or content matching internal and external link
- Share page on LinkedIn, YouTube Community
- create a couple of posts/updates on GBP
- Create backlinks for this page with relevant anchor text
- Check the page on GSC, & request an index if all is fine.
Off-Page (External) SEO
You can optimise your website for local search if you have a physical location or provide services in a particular region.
- Analyse your competitor’s link profile.
- Conduct a link intersect analysis.
- Turn unlinked mentions into links.
- Link-building opportunities. Link building is the process of acquiring high-quality backlinks from other websites to your own to raise your search engine rating.
- Set up & optimise Google Business Profile / Bing Places for Business.
- Do Local listing, citation
- Guest Posts, especially education, academic, or newspaper.
Please make sure that your website meets best practices and is technically sound.
- Use https
- Make sure there are no duplicate versions of your website
- Find & fix crawl errors
- Website Loading Speed (A quick-loading website can enhance user experience and help you rank higher in search results. Ensure your website is straightforward)
- Fox broken internal & outbound links
- Find & fix HTTP links on https pages
- Use an SEO-friendly URL structure
- Add structure data
- Check the page depth
- Check temporary 302 redirects
- Find and fix long redirects
So, let’s talk more about Technical SEO Checklist.
The main goal of Technical SEO:
- Ensure that the project is fully indexed.
- Enhancing the understanding of the site’s structure by search engine robots.
- Providing users with easier access to information.
- Contributing to the ranking of site pages by search engines.
Please ensure your website is technically sound and follows best practices, such as using a sitemap and proper header tags. Here are all the details.
A. Website Loading Speed Time
- Too much stuff can slow down your website.
- Improve Server Response Time
- Optimise & reduce image size without affecting the visual appearance
- Limit the number of resources & HTTP requests
- Set a Browser Cache Policy
- Reduce the number of redirects & eliminate the redirect loop
B. Website Functionality & Usability
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly
- Build search engine-friendly URLs
- Use the secure protocol – HTTPs
- Take a look at the HTML elements of the site (Close all HTML tags)
- Set preferred version
- Set up correctly the 301 redirects after site migration
- Make sure your resources are crawlable
- Test your robots.txt file to show Google the right content
- Verify the indexed content
- Review your sitemap to avoid being outdated
- Review blocked resources (Hashbang URLs) with Fetch as Google
- Optimise your crawl budget
- Avoid meta refresh for moving a site
- Analyse website performance when faced with an error 404
- Favicons or favourites icons should be created
- Prevent some unused pages/files from being indexed in the robots.txt file
- Analyse and review the server uptime statistics (99.85% or greater)
- Use redirect for a flash site to the HTML version
- Use hreflang for language and Regional URLs
- Make sure your tracking is working properly
C. Content Optimization
- Redirect/Replace broken links & resources
- Audit internal links to improve your chances of ranking higher
- Get rid of duplicate content
- Use structured data to highlight your content
- Keep a reasonable number of links On-Page
- Avoid canonicalising blog pages to the root of the blog
D. User-Friendlier Website
- Set up your AMP the right way – Mobile Friendlier
- Add breadcrumbs for a better navigation
- Test on as many platforms and devices as possible
Tools you need for content creation
- Install the Grammarly and WordTune extensions in your browser and download them for mobile and desktop.
- Duplichecker.com to check plagiarism
Tools you need to check website speed
Tools you need for an SEO Audit
- Audit tools like SEO Power Suits / Semrush site Audit etc.)
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Page Speed Insights
- Google Schema Markup Testing tool
- Any things else? Please let us know.
Now, let’s have a look at some free version tools.
Free SEO Tools for Keyword Research
- Answer the Public
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Trends
- Adwords and SEO Permutation Generator
- Bulk Keyword Generator
- Wordtracker Scout
- Google Location Changer
- Keywords Everywhere
- Also Asked
- Semrush (Limited Functionality)
Free SEO Tools for Content Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Content Ideas
- Hreflang Tag Generator
- SEOpresser Title Generator
- Title Capitalizaton Tool
- Google SERP Preview Tool
Free SEO Tools for Rank Tracking
- Google Search Console
- Bulk Google Rank Checker
- Semrush, SEO Power Suit ( free version)
Free SEO Tools for Link Building
- Small SEO Tools
- SEOgadget for Excel
- Clickminded Domain Authority Checker
- Majestic SEO
Free SEO Tools for Technical SEO
- SEO Analyzer
- Google Analytics Referrer Spam Killer
- Pagespeed Insights
- Website Penalty Checker
- Structured Data Markup Helper
- 301 Redirect Code Generator
- XML Sitemaps
- Mobile-Friendly Test
- Link Redirect Trace
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Redirect Path
Now, let’s have a look paid the Best paid SEO tools.
Best paid SEO tool – Semrush & SEO PowerSuite Tools – All SEO Tools On One Platform
SEO PowerSuite Tools is not a web application; you must download it on your computer. However, it’s one of the best tools for Keyword Research and Audit (SEO, Ranking, Backlinks). Semrush is a web application, so you don’t need to download software. If you have paid version, then you take all the advantages, but with a free Semrush account, you can do the following:
- Keyword Research
- Analyse competitors
- Track your keyword Rankings
- Run a website audit
- Monitor your local listings
- Using your account for content marketing
- Get recommendations for content optimisation
- Create optimised and user-friendly content
- Get ideas on how to improve on-page content & SEO
- Managing your social media
- Post on social media channels
- Analyse your performance
- Track your competitors’ social media activity and so on.
Finally, we would like to thank you for visiting our website. After exploring our website and reviewing our company, we hope you have something positive to say about us. If you would like to place an order right away, please fill out the quick contact form or quote so that a member of our team can get in touch with you. If you need more information, please visit us in person. The address can be found by watching the YouTube video or looking at the map. We will be pleased to assist you if you cannot see it. If you have questions or need further assistance, please get in touch with us via telephone or email. It is also possible to schedule Zoom appointments online. During the visit or the online or phone consultation, we will review your website’s needs and make recommendations. If you are unsure or want to keep it for later reference, please follow us on social media, where you will receive regular updates and offers.